Some rights reserved Photo by ALL CHROME
There is a lot of crazy young talent kicking around. We’ve seen that great talent that UW Velocity is producing with Ted Livingston(@ted_livingston) at Kik. There are the Christopher (@golda) and Michael (@michaelmontano) at BackType. There is the stupidly awesome team at Extreme Venture Partners (@avarma, @fnthawar, @sundeep).
I thought I’d throw together a quick list of designers, developers and entrepreneurs that are young, hot, kicking ass and taking names. There is an amazing amount of talent in Canada. And this is who I’m watching because they are hot sh!t.
- Dan McGrady (@dmix, LinkedIn), CareLogger
- Kaitlyn MacLachlan (LinkedIn), AskItOnline & Yellow Pages Group
- Casper Wong (@wongcasper, LinkedIn), CommunityLend
- Jennifer Fong-Adwent (@ednapiranha, LinkedIn), Rocketr
- Josh Davey (@joshdavey, LinkedIn), BurstN & Chango
- Alex Black (@waterlooalexjo, LinkedIn), SnapSort
- Cody Fauser (@codyfauser, LinkedIn), Shopify
- Vincent Cheung (@veenix, LinkedIn), ShapeCollage
- Wes Bos (@wesbos, LinkedIn), DealPage
- Michael Litt (@michaelrlitt, LinkedIn), Vidyard
- James Stewart (@JamesStewartUXD, LinkedIn), PostRank & TribeHR
- Julie Haché (@juliehache, LinkedIn), Shopify
- Duleepa “Dups” Wijayawardhana (@dups, LinkedIn), EmpireAvenue
- Joseph Fung (@josephfung, LinkedIn), TribeHR
- Andrew Peek (@drupeek, LinkedIn), Rocketr
- Simon Law (@sfllaw, LinkedIn), TrustCentric
- Eric Diep (@ediep, LinkedIn), A Thinking Ape
- James Blair (@jamesblair, LinkedIn)
- Edward Ocampo-Gooding (@edwardog, LinkedIn), Shopify
- Satish Kanwar (@skanwar, LinkedIn), Jet Cooper
- Jesse Miller (@jesse_miller, LinkedIn), Attachments.me
- Josh Merchant (@joshmerchant, LinkedIn), Lymbix
- Boris Chan (@borisc, LinkedIn), XtremeLabs
- Tyler Galpin (@TylerGalpin, LinkedIn)
This list is incomplete
I am completely aware that this list is incomplete. But who are the tastemakers that are building the next generation of emerging technology companies that no one knows about in Canada. Help me find great talents that are under 40 (this is irrelevant, who are the entrepreneurs, designers and developers that are shaping things) and based in Canada.
Love being included, but there are a couple of us on that list that are 30 right now, so the “under 30” moniker may not apply :)
I think @waterlooalex has grandkids 8-)
So honored to have made this list! Thanks to David and everyone else both on and off the list who is doing such great work in the Toronto scene!
The nomination form requires all fields to submit, which I don’t have, so here are my nominations:
Dave Wilkin of Redwood Strategic (http://www.redwoodstrategic.com/)
Eric Migicovsky of Allerta, Inc. (http://www.getinpulse.com/)
Ray Cao and Aditya Shah of Loose Button (http://www.loosebutton.com/)
We’ll have a few people to nominate once we check their ID’s. Hot Shit List aside, I’m always impressed by how David is always able to find the perfect image to accompany his posts…..
The only “required” fields are Name (First & Last) plus Email address. Everything else is optional.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Love to see all the new faces too!
I nominate Alkarim Nasser – CEO, Harth Labs
@gregisenberg with the upcoming launch of Wall Street Survivor. I’ve seen a preview, and it’s gonna be big! (http://wallstreetsurvivor.com/getv4/) or read the Next Montreal article (http://nextmontreal.com/wallstreetsurvivor/)
@danielharan is also doing exciting stuff with Recoset (http://recoset.com/) plus his dancing & DJ’ing skills are coming along nicely!
Thanks for the mention!
I hope you visit because of the image and stay for the content and community.
The age thing was really not meant to be their. Media is supposed to have a fascination with youth. It was really meant to be people that we haven’t seen before, i.e., new to me.
thanks for the mention, we (@avarma, @fnthawar, @sundeep) are old :( , we need the next generation. the list of 24 is amazing, let’s aim to make it 100!!
Just wait until you have kids or a heart attack if you want to feel old.
Glad to be included in this list. Major Kudos to everyone else (and those who still need nomination)!
Having both is over-rated, skip the heart attack.
I actually heard you had sired many children, that is what the paternity tests that were mistakenly opened by our team at EVP said.
I would like to nominate Ameet Shah – Managing Partner, Business Development at Five Mobile