- RT @bmann: Beers with @bfeld on April 22nd in Vancouver, first 50 tickets are available now: http://tr.im/hK9r #
- CoolIT Systems, based in Calgary, secures a $6.2M follow on round led by iNovia Capital – http://tinyurl.com/dg2cdu #
- A great overview of SR&ED for startups: http://tinyurl.com/c8p2x7 #
- BlackBerry Partners Fund invests in Xobni – http://tinyurl.com/c5tf7z #
OCE Elevator Pitch contest at Discovery 09
The Ontario Centres for Excellence is hosting an Elevator Pitch contest on May 12, 2009 at Discovery 09 event. First place prize is Cdn$5000 and second place is Cdn$2000. Not shabby for a 700 word entry.
Step into OCE’s Elevator Pitch contest – 12 May 2009
Metro Convention Centre, Toronto
Venture capitalists and angel investors can spot a good business pitch in roughly the time it takes to ride an elevator. Test your pitch by getting in on the Elevator Pitch at Discovery 09. Go one-on-one, face-to-face with leading VCs and angel investors and deliver a compelling overview of your tech-based business idea in five minutes or less. Capture their attention, advice, and a chance to win cash prizes for best pitch.
To enter, visit www.ocediscovery.com/elevatorpitch2009.aspx.
Startups need to submit a 700 word maximum submission that covers the following:
- Describe the product or service and its underlying technology
- What is the market need – what is the value proposition to your intended customers?
- What is the sustainable competitive advantage of your product or service?
- Describe the market and market size.
- What is your market entry strategy?
Submissions are due by April 16, 2009.
MeshU/StartupNorth party – April 6 2009
We are slowly emerging from our cave, and finally setting a date. On April 6th, MeshU, the startup and developer conference that runs the day before the Mesh Conference, will be having a social. It is a chance to hang out and talk startups.
There really haven’t been many events in Toronto lately, so this is a chance to start things up again after a successful Democamp last month.
Here are the details. See you there?
The beer o’clock at the Drake Hotel brought to you by meshU and StartupNorth
Time: 6 p.m. to close
Where: The Lounge & Dining Room
Drake Hotel, 1150 Queen St. West
Everyone is welcome. Space is limited. There is no charge for this event.
Thanks to our hospitality sponsor and host: Drake Hotel