The Ontario Centres for Excellence is hosting an Elevator Pitch contest on May 12, 2009 at Discovery 09 event. First place prize is Cdn$5000 and second place is Cdn$2000. Not shabby for a 700 word entry.
Step into OCE’s Elevator Pitch contest – 12 May 2009
Metro Convention Centre, Toronto
Venture capitalists and angel investors can spot a good business pitch in roughly the time it takes to ride an elevator. Test your pitch by getting in on the Elevator Pitch at Discovery 09. Go one-on-one, face-to-face with leading VCs and angel investors and deliver a compelling overview of your tech-based business idea in five minutes or less. Capture their attention, advice, and a chance to win cash prizes for best pitch.
To enter, visit www.ocediscovery.com/elevatorpitch2009.aspx.
Startups need to submit a 700 word maximum submission that covers the following:
- Describe the product or service and its underlying technology
- What is the market need – what is the value proposition to your intended customers?
- What is the sustainable competitive advantage of your product or service?
- Describe the market and market size.
- What is your market entry strategy?
Submissions are due by April 16, 2009.