Dan Debow (LinkedIn) kicked off a conversation about MaRS on the StartupNorth Facebook group. It is an interesting thread with views on the efficiency of our tax dollars, the applicability of building office towers to stimulate the innovation economy, and the relative utility of advisory services for startups.
- Tories warn MaRS bailout could cost more than the $1.1-billion gas plant scandal – National Post
- MaRS Discovery District can’t pay money back after huge bailout hid by Kathleen Wynne – BetaKit
- MaRS Directors, CEO Fire Back: “There were no documents that should be in the public domain” – BetaKit
- MaRS Building projects a $36 million loss over ten years, read secret documents – BetaKit
- MaRS says election debate jeopardizing real-estate deal – Globe & Mail
- Wynne rejects PC claims that Liberals secretly approved $317MM bailout of Toronto research Centre – National Post
Have you used MaRS advisory services or real estate? Do you have an opinion about the impact on your startup? Participate in the conversation.